In today’s video, I am glad to announce #GeoFilza. It’s the Filza File Manager from Cydia but I modified it with TiGi Software’s permission so that it can run on iOS 12 without having a Jailbreak. GeoFilza is like FilzaJailed or FilzaElectrocuted from a year ago. It uses a jailbreak exploit to obtain the necessary permissions, escape the sandbox and get root so that it can write to /var and /tmp and their subfolders and to read files from anywhere in the system. This is very useful if you wanna edit various files on the file system without having to do a jailbreak. You don’t need Osiris Jailbreak for this.
GeoFilza is currently compatible with iOS 12.0 up to 12.1.2 and possibly #iOS 11.4.1 as well, tho not tested. It supports devices using the A9 chip to A11. A12 will be supported soon. As for A8 and A7, these may be supported but no eta is given currently. I’ve built GeoFilza so that you can do light editing to the file system and some tweaks like Carrier name changing and other similar stuff until a proper #Jailbreak is available for iOS 12.0 up to iOS 12.1.2.
The GeoFilza is available as an IPA file on my GitHub. Do not get it from signing services as it may not launch properly. You need to side-load it with Cydia Impactor (available for Windows, macOS, and Linux), and of course, you can use a free Apple developer account. No need for the paid one as we don’t need any particular entitlements.
Do not forget to subscribe to stay updated!
- July 15 – Adds support for iOS 12.1.3-12.2 firmware for 4K devices. The 4K version works best on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus. It may not work as expected on iPod touch 6;
- February 15 – Adds support for A7/A8 devices, improves the success rate for iPhone X and iPad Pro;
- February 9 – A12 chip support added for iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR.
How to download and install GeoFilza on iOS 12.0-12.1.2
If you wish to install this app on your device, you will have to make use of Cydia Impactor. Otherwise, the app will simply fail to launch.
- Download the IPA file using the download link above.
- Connect your device to your computer and launch Cydia Impactor utility.
- Drag the IPA file onto Cydia Impactor’s window and wait for it to display a username and password prompt.
- Key in your Apple ID username and password and wait for the installation to finish.
- Once the installation is over, disconnect your device from your computer.
- Open the app from your home screen.
- Browse the var subdirectory and access and edit the desired files.
- Access the settings section by tapping the settings icon in the bottom bar.
That’s pretty much it. If you run into errors or glitches while installing the app, just leave a comment below. Also, don’t forget to watch this amazing installation video tutorial if you get stuck somewhere.
4K version (iOS 12.1.3-12.2)